We can’t believe it has been a year since our last a real-estate check in! How time flies when you are busy writing about new restaurants, pop-up developments and events with moon bounces. The last time we checked in with Brookland’s real estate market, we were still amazed that houses were selling at, or near, the $1 million mark. By now, this price range has become much more frequent, although what you get for your money in terms of home and property size seems like much more than other DC neighborhoods. From what we can tell, about 336 homes in the 20017 area code sold in the last 12 months. So, without further ado, here are some of the 2017 home sales that caught our eye:
- 1249 Lawrence St NE sold for $1,139,990. Sigh…so dreamy. This 6 bed, 4.5 bath house has an amazing wrap-around porch, which I am sure is only made more enjoyable by the gorgeous mature trees lining the 1200 block of Lawrence.
- I don’t usually salivate over other people’s homes. But the house at 4235 South Dakota Avenue NE really looks like something special. Unfortunately for me, it sold for $1,025,000, putting it about $600,000 over of my price range…anyway…this 3 bed, 2.5 bath is very drool-worthy for those of us who appreciate a modern aesthetic combined with light-filled rooms.
- One side of this new duplex rowhouse at 1012 Irving St NE sold for $989,000. Neighbors with good memories may remember that one small older home at the back of this lot burned down 8 (?) years ago and was removed a few years later. It’s nice to see that this lot has since been transformed into this new duplex development. The 4 bed, 3.5 bath home looks really well done and modern.
- The house at 3630 13th St NE sold for $984,500. Packed with a lot of original charm, this 6 bed, 4.5 bath also came with a lot of nice modern touches, a variety of nice outdoor spaces and big rooms.
- The unique home at 1352 Newton NE sold for $883,250 over the summer. This 4 bed, 4 bath house has one of those enormous Brookland backyards that landscaping dreams are made of, and what looks like a rental unit or in-law suit on the lower level, nice.
- 1525 Kearny has a deep front yard and mature trees that give it a nice curb appeal. The 3 bed and 2.5 bath house sold for $850,000 and has some nice rustic touches like the brick fireplace, but what sets it apart is the enormous yard complete with a huge deck, bonus shed and lots of parking.
Welcome to Brookland, new neighbors!