We have decided to take a break. When we started the blog a year and a half ago, we set a goal of posting one blog post a day. For the most part we have been able to do so, despite challenges like a death in our family, and fun distractions like vacations. But right now we have some new demands on our time that have made it hard to keep up with writing about all the happenings in and around Brookland. So, instead of leaving you guys hanging, and feeling guilty for not posting stuff, we have decided to just take a break, regroup, and get back to blogging when we find our “new normal”. A few posts may appear here and there during this break, but we are thinking it may take a few weeks before we get back to full throttle blogging again.
Check out the links below about recent events/developments we have been meaning to post about, but just haven’t had the time to.
Thanks for reading, following, and commenting!
All the best,
Shani and Astrid
PS – Stories we would have loved to written about!
- Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie was re-elected in a landslide victory. See the results here. Congrats CM McDuffie!
- The latest info on Brookland’s Finest, here, opening soon!
- &Pizza at Monroe Street Market is coming very soon. They are hiring now, and training staff next week!
- The Brookland Green – saved from the development – hooray!
- The coffee shop/bike shop combo at Monroe Street Market we have been talking about for a while just moved closer to reality. Sweet!
- New restaurants coming to Rhode Island Ave, NE: a brewpub, pizza, Carolina Kitchen and a new burger joint. Awesome!
- The brand new Turkey Thicket playground had its ribbon cutting ceremony. Yay!
- Dance Place’s renovation is getting some great press. Werq it Dance Place!
- For the readers with kiddies – don’t forget to sign up for CUA’s Easter Egg Hunt – Sunday April 13th. Always a great time!