Noyes Park Ribbon Cutting, a set on Flickr.
On Friday July 9th the city held a ribbon cutting ceremony for the newly renovated Noyes Park. Here are some photos from that great day. Since that time, a group of concerned residents established the Friends of Noyes Park (FoNP) in order to help the Department of Parks and Recreation manage the park’s upkeep.
On Thursday, September 19, 2013 the Friends of Noyes Park will be hosting its first community meeting. The meeting will be from 7 – 8:30 PM at the Community Meeting Room, Dahlgreen Court Apartment Complex, located at 2504 10th St. NE.
The meeting agenda inclues:
- Making residents aware of the park’s existence
- Introduce the members of the FoNP to the community
- Make residents aware of the various ways they can assist, play a role, and volunteer help the FoNP ensure that Noyes Park is safe and pleasant place for people of all ages to visit
- Gauge interest in the gardening plots
- Develop a foundation from which the set of 2014 garden plot rules and regulations will be drafted- Community comments, questions, and answers