Third Thursday at the studios at the Monroe Street Market Arts Walk is a great time to get out into the neighborhood and enjoy the summer nights. The series of Third Thursdays kicks off this month and will take place through September. The kickoff event will take place on Thursday May 18th. From the Facebook event page:
We’re kicking off our Third Thursdays in Brookland event series on May 18th. Join us on the Arts Walk at Monroe Street Market every third Thursday, May through September, from 5-8 PM.
May 18th is our Backyard BBQ Theme:
– Live music from Rob Curto’s Forró For All (Brazilian Dance Music)
– Performance from Only Make Believe
– Open artist studios
– Grab a bite from participating restaurants and enjoy dining outdoors on our Arts Walk picnic tables
– Face painting for the kids
– Pop up vendor, Kona Ice (ice cream and snowcones)
– Plus, free hot dogs for the kids, courtesy of Brookland Pint
– & more!