Save the date for the Great Brookland Yard Sale – now in its 10th year, it will take place on Saturday, May 6th, from 10:00 am-2:00 pm (though individual sale hours may vary). The GBYS is a set date for Brookland residents to host concurrent yard sales and sign ups are underway. To register your sale use the GBYS online sign-up form, or call 202-733-5475. More details below the flyer.
- This year there will be a staging location at Atlantic Electric, 3726 10th Street NE (near Turkey Thicket) with vendors, booths and neighbors.
- There is limited space for vendors and neighbors without a yard.
- The published map of sales closes on May 1st, 2017. Registrations will be accepted afterward, but may not be included on the map.
- Yard Sale registration is free, but donations are appreciated.
- Want to donate unsold items? There will be a donation truck across from Turkey Ticket at Atlantic Electric; 3726 10TH ST NE. Bring unsold items before 3PM.
- The rain date is May 13th.
The GBYS is organized by the Brookland Neighborhood Civic Association (BNCA) and is a positive event for the neighborhood. It brings people from across the city into Brookland to see what a great community we have, it gets us out and about to meet our neighbors, and those who have yard sales get rid of stuff and make a little bit of money. Check out the GBYS website for more information.