Wow readers, it has been a year since we have done a real estate update! So, we have some catching up to do. At that time, Brooklanders were somewhat amazed that a house had recently sold for $1 Million. Now, seeing house listings at or near that mark has become more common, though still a bit surprising for those of us who have lived here for a while. So without further ado, here are some notable home sales from the last few months:
- This house at 1230 Quincy Street NE sold for $1,405,000 in September. While this 8 bedroom (!!), 6 bath home sports lots of features, I’m not going to lie, the close proximity to San Antonio’s and Whelan Liquors is what really caught my eye. Brooklanders may remember this house from the 2015 house and garden tour.
- The 1300 block of Lawrence Street is one of our favorites – lots of nice mature trees, huge lots and houses set back from the street. Like this one at 1340 Lawrence that sold for just under $1.2 Million in September.
- We really fell in love with the house at 1315 Randolph Street NE when it hit the market. So much charm and original details, not to mention the incredible back yard and extra little house on the property, no wonder it sold for over $1 million this August.
- The 1300 block on Newton is another great Brookland block. Super friendly neighbors, deep lots and a wide variety of homes. Not to mention it is a quick walk to 12th Street restaurants and the Metro. So, we weren’t surprised when this nicely renovated home at 1342 Newton NE sold for $962, 500.
- This house at 1225 Michigan Ave NE sold for $950,000 back in October. It has 4 beds and 3.5 baths and a really nice looking second floor balcony off the master bedroom and a garage (insert jealous sigh).
- This end unit row house at 3400 15th Street NE sold for just under $835,000 in October. This light filled home has 5 bedrooms and 4 baths.
Welcome to Brookland new neighbors!