Third Thursday at the studios at the Monroe Street Market Arts Walk is a great time to get out into the neighborhood and support local artists. This month’s event will take place on Thursday December 17th from 6:00 – 9:00 pm. From the Facebook event page:
December is here, bring on the cheer! Visit the Arts Walk at Monroe Street Market for a Holiday terrific, Third Thursday! On December 17th, the Arts Walk will be the perfect place to find all of your last minute gift needs for family, friends, and party hosts alike.
• Marcella Kriebel Art + Illustration: Marcella Studio (Studio 14): Grand Opening and Holiday Market from 5-10 PM; drinks and appetizers will be served
• Tamora Ilasat & Karen Van Allen (Studio 22): Celebrate their second year on the Arts Walk. Enjoy seasonal refreshments, a $50 and under Art Box and new paintings and works on paper from 5-8 PM.
• Rachel Pfeffer Designs (Studio 13): Last minute shopping extravaganza! Save 15% off the entire store during Third Thursday, 12/17.
• Marcelle’s Coop (Studio 15): Stop by and check out the many new vintage pennant pillows and quilts, as well as amazing new items from all local women artists.
• Maroulla Sculpture (Studio 12): View and shop a unique line of miniature sculptures in bronze and marble as well as one of a kind artistic jewelry creations perfect for a special gift.
• Black Lab (Studio 16): View the new book release of As In Queen (the abecedarium of a typophiliac) and meet the award winning artist, Leda Black, herself! Sales from Black Lab’s “Peace Dove” shawl will be donated to the International Rescue Committee, an organization committed to responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises.