Election Day is coming up on Tuesday November 4, 2012. The DC Board of Elections allows early voting, so why not save yourself some time and hassle and get it done now? There is one early voting site for each of DC’s 8 Wards. The Ward 5 early voting location is Turkey Thicket, located here in Brookland at 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE. Early voting is going on from Saturday, October 25 through Saturday, November 1 (except Sunday). Voting hours are 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. You can even check the wait time at early voting places at this website to best plan your trip.
The general election is the following positions:
- Delegate to the US House of Representatives
- Mayor of the District of Columbia
- Chairman of the Council of the District of Columbia
- At-Large Member of the Council of the District of Columbia
- Ward 1, 3, 5 and 6 Members of the Council of the District of Columbia
- Attorney General for the District of Columbia
- United States (“Shadow”) Representative
- United States (“Shadow”) Senator
- Ward 1, 3, 5 and 6 Members of the State Board of Education
- Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner Offices
- Initiative 71 – “Legalization of Possession of Minimal Amounts of Marijuana for Personal Use Act of 2014”
For information on our local ANC races, check out out earlier post on the topic here.